Dr Ho’s practice encompasses patients who are not Sydney-based. We cater for many interstate and overseas patients. Prospective patients come to us through word-of-mouth and travel for Dr Ho’s expertise.
We have highlighted the best steps to make your surgical journey as easy as possible:
Send an online enquiry
- Go to www.drkevinho.com.au
- Here you can view the specific procedure page for an outline of the surgery you are considering. This will give you a general idea of what is involved, recovery times, surgical costings, whether or not a GP referral is required, and if there are any rebates associated with the surgery
- Send an enquiry advising the type of surgery you are interested, noting that you do not reside in Sydney
- Our Practice Manager Jackie will set up a time to speak with you on the phone. Initially she will guide you through the process for undertaking surgery with Dr Ho. Jackie can discuss any specific date requirements you may have, and answer any general questions relating to the surgery
- You will be required to upload your online details through our secured servers and potentially any photographs that may help Dr Ho decide if the procedure is right for you
Booking a phone consultation with Dr Ho
- Once we have received your details, we can book a phone consultation with Dr Ho
- This consultation is a general consultation and does not replace a face-to-face consultation. It allows Dr Ho to discuss surgical options available, have your questions answered, and allows us to provide a quotation for your surgery
- A face-to-face appointment is required prior to proceeding with any surgery however we always try to accommodate this appointment to suit your logistics, even in the lead up to the surgical date
Booking your surgery
- After your phone consultation with Dr Ho, we can discuss a date for your face to face appointment and surgery locations and dates
- Most of this can be done via phone and email
Accommodation and transport whilst in Sydney
- Dr Ho’s rooms are conveniently located less than 20 minutes from Sydney’s Domestic and International airports, and Sydney’s CBD.
- Depending on which hospital you have surgery in, our practice can provide you a list of convenient hotel accommodation
- You can also stay on-site in the hospital if preferred and these costs can be quoted at the time of your surgical booking
How long do you need to stay in Sydney after discharge?
- For breast surgery we recommend a minimum of 2-3 days prior to travelling
- For tummy tucks or combined breast and tummy procedures, we recommend 1-2 weeks
- For upper and lower eyelid surgery we recommend 5 days
- For any facelift or neck lift surgery, we recommend 5-7 days
- It is recommended that a support person accompany you to Sydney, not just for moral support, but as an escort from the hospital
What happens when I return home?
- All follow up appointments can be done via Facetime, Skype or phone appointments with Dr Ho
- A comprehensive post-operative pack is provided to you which details the recovery process after surgery
- You will have direct access to Dr Ho even when you return home so that you feel your recovery is as ensured as if you lived locally
- We always welcome our patients to attend an appointment anytime you return to Sydney
Please call +612 9650 4900 if you would like to speak to Jackie our Practice Manager, or send us an enquiry.